Unemployment Benefits for Sex Workers and Undocumented Workers
About this Episode
April 10, 2020
It's Friday night! Sarah cheers the city-run tent villages that are coming online for the current COVID-19 emergency, a program she has been calling for since the beginning of her campaign and would like to see stay online.
Stayed tuned for Sarah's Recovery and Resiliency plan, which will be dropping along with a full podcast episode on Tuesday.
Here's how you can help get Sarah elected Portland's next mayor on May 19th:
- Donate $50, $35, or even $5 at sarah2020.com/donate
- Sign up to phone bank at sarah2020.com/events
- Sign up to text or call your friends and tell them about Sarah's campaign at sarah2020.com/volunteer
- Sign up to host a one hour virtual house party with Sarah at sarah2020.com/host
And finally, a few links mentioned in today's episode:
- PDX S*x Worker COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Sex Worker Outreach Project: @SWOP_PDX
- @CupcakeGirlsOrg is having a gala in June
- OCPP op-ed calling for Salem to assist undocumented workers ineligible for federal unemployment benefits
- @alex_zee at @portlandmercury reports the City Will Open Three Emergency Tent Villages
This is an audio-cast of Sarah's live stream from earlier. To view this and other live streams, visit sarah2020.com/live.
Have a question for Sarah? Email it to [email protected].